The 2013 Annual Meeting shall not be presenting Membership Awards. The AMA Alliance puts great value on membership activities and collaborations and as such is developing a new membership recognition program that will be presented in 2014.
In recognition of county, state and medical school/resident spouse alliances in development of programs for retention, and/or recruitment and/or organization of new alliances.
The MDA will be presented at the Annual Meeting.
The Alliance invites a representative, who must be an AMA Alliance Member, for each first place award, to present a short summary statement about their project.
Entry form and description must be received by April 30th, 2013.
- Only state, county and physicians-in -training Alliances and member-at-large are eligible for award consideration.
- Projects must have been held and completed between March 31 2012, and March 31, 2013.
- If there is collaboration with another group, the project must have been initiated by or have major involvement of Alliance group (as above).
- A project that has won a Membership Development Award cannot be resubmitted within three years of the win, unless the project has been changed in some capacity or a new component has been added.
The project will only be judged by the written description. Entries must comply with the requirements.
- Limit descriptions to not more than one page per section, double-space typed or 350 words.
- To maintain impartiality, the identity of the group submitting the project must NOT be included within the narrative description, only list on the entry form.
- The entry must NOT include attachments or supplemental materials (posters, brochures, fliers, etc.).
- Bullet points may be used.
- Suggestion- write the narrative description in Word, review and correct it, then cut and paste the description on the online application form or email separately.
What was done, who was targeted, highlights of project, budget, funds, were cosponsors involved?
Impact of Project:
Describe how the project met its goals and highlight areas of success.
Membership Development Awards- Judging Committee:
The committee is composed of five AMA Alliance Board of Directors members including the secretary, the membership/marketing chair, immediate past president and two other board members.
- Entry form and description must be received by April 30, 2013.
- Submit the entry project by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obtain the entry forms online at website, www.amaalliance.org
- To confirm receipt of submissions, the AMA Alliance will send an email.
- Winners will be notified by May 15th.
If you have any questions or are unable to submit electronically, please contact our office at 1-800-549-4619.