The AMA Alliance is the largest organization representing the family of medicine in the United States. The Alliance network of physicians and physicians’ spouses represents all stages of the medical lifestyle, from the training years to retirement.
The Alliance’s Stop America’s Violence Everywhere (SAVE) program targets the 15 million children in first through fourth grade in every public and private school. Since the 1995 inception of SAVE, Alliance members have developed more than 700 antiviolence programs, including mentoring programs, teen hotline cards and mental health seminars, and distributed more than 2 million pieces of anti-violence materials. The SAVE program has been recognized by Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
|View the latest speech by Jo Terry at the AMA Interim Meeting, Nov. 16, 2013:
Follow Our Blog! Follow our new AMA Alliance blog, featuring articles by Jo Terry, AMA Alliance president.Latest Volunteer Connection Blog: Regional MeetingsClick here for the latest posts!
National Day of Action for SGR Repeal this Wednesday, March 5
The National Advocacy Conference starts tomorrow and we want you to help amplify our efforts. We need to take the “Fix Medicare Now” message to a broader physician and patient audience and we’re asking you to help in any way you can:
- As part of a digital takeover where all AMA efforts send the same message, update your social media profile pictures with the Fix Medicare Now avatar used on AMA’s Facebook and Twitter pages. We plan to keep these in place until the end March.
- Visit AMA’s social media pages and add your voice and fight for SGR repeal. Tweet, share, like or email our content to your colleagues to make sure physicians hear the message and know how to help. Follow AMA’s efforts at Fix Medicare Now, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Join AMA’s National Day of Action for SGR Repeal on Wednesday, March 5 and call Congress at 1-800-833-6354. Urge your friends and colleagues to do the same.
- See our digital resources page for tools you can use on your website or social media channels at http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/no-index/advocacy/sgr-resources.page.
- Send an e-mail to your elected leaders by visiting fixmedicarenow.com.
Let’s cross the finish line together. Your voice is critical!
Due March 10: Membership Resolutions and Bylaws Proposals for upcoming AMA Alliance Annual Meeting
The due date to send Resolutions to be presented at the June 8-10, 2014 AMA Alliance Annual Meeting is fast approaching. Members, Component Organizations (States, and Counties), and Committees may submit Resolutions to be considered at the Annual Meeting or suggestions for amendments to Bylaws and Policies. In order to be considered at this year’s Annual Meeting, the Resolution or recommendation must be received by the Bylaws Committee Chair by March 10. Please direct Resolutions, suggestions and questions to Beverly Wright, Bylaws Committee Chair at email@example.com. See policies on bylaws revisions.
|The AMA Alliance is partnered with the Alliance Health Education Initiative Foundation to support community health projects across the country. For more information on the Alliance Health Education Initiative click here.|